Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012

Suspicious Russia

Hello Folks,

Due to the fact that the famous "Hermitage" museum was crowed that much, we have been to a national army museum, where several ages of war have been showed. I tried to make a nice view as a knight...




Also an old intercontinantel weapon was shown, with the explenation as the US as a possible target...



I was really shocked, or better scared, I don't know the best word to describe (!!) how the Russians treat this men and honor him!


He is noone else than Michail Timofejewitch Kalaschnikov, the inventor of the AK 47 weapon. The Russians treat him like a super hero and mega star. I read that he was honored by several russian presidents many times! I saw pictures from him with Jelzin, Gorbatschov, Putin and some other politicians from all around the world....


I tried to imagine, how many people got killed by the tremendous amount of those guns, but stoped thinking after reading about one million produced weapons till today... :-( 

It was written, that he is 93 years old now and still watching over the factory, where the guns are nowadays manufactured.

This is the counter part to "Uncle Sam". In Russia they say "Mother Russia calls you!"



 Tonight in the supermarket I found this famous german beer called "Oettinger" sold in 1,6 litre plastic bottles....   (Wenn's schmeckt?)


Finally I got my flight back this time and flew out of a white airport and really think very good about the people, who I met and am very happy that I did this trip!! Hope to see some of them again....



Thank you for everything, Mila!!! :-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. You're always welcome. Polina wanted to read your blog, so I gave her a link.
    Honoring the weapon, military achievements and everything related to war goes back to Soviet times and connected to patriotism and image of mighty motherland Russia in our minds.

    AntwortenLöschen